Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Picc line

Got my picc line today.  It went well.  I was anxious, I just couldn't get past it.  My husband came with me and was able to sit with me right up until the procedure, that really helped!  The nurse had to draw some blood and the vein in my hand that is normally a sure fire was not into giving any blood up either.  It was a two stick kind of thing and then she really didn't even get to much blood but she said it would just have to do and she was very happy that she didn't have to do an iv on me.  I found it humorous that I would need to have an iv put in since that was the whole problem to begin with, but I was as happy as she was relieved we wouldn't have to go through that!
The procedure went smooth.  The prep time took over twice as long as the actual procedure.  The doctor just came in and zip, zip it was done!  Easy peasy!  So much for my anxiety.  Glad I spent a lot of energy on that...will I ever learn????
Now I have a IV line accessible for any thing that is needed.  I can't say that is overly exciting to have an IV dangling from my arm, but it is only for a few weeks and my kids think it is cool.  So hey! why not.
Tomorrow I go for my second chemo treatment.  This one should be a go.  The nurse said she felt I would most likely have the same results with this treatment as I did with the first.  Nothing to new to look for.  So here I am trying to hydrate again.  It seems to be my main goal in life right now :)
Today I remembered a saying I have hanging on my wall at home.

I believe in the sun
Even if it doesn't shine,
I believe in love
Even if I don't feel it,
I believe in God
Even if he is silent.

I learned this was written on a wall in the concentration camps in Germany...

That is amazing faith.
I am just remembering that God is always with me.  I might not feel Him near every moment of my journey, but that is when real faith comes in.  That is when we must remember His promise to never leave us.
Be Strong and courageous.  Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. (Deuteronomy 31:6)
We must trust in that kind of God.  Not the kind we only believe in when we feel Him near.  The one we know is there, the one who
We know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. (Romans 8:28)
That is the kind of God we can put our hope in, trust in, be confident in.
And on the days I am just hanging on to those promises.  I am so thankful for that.

Blessings