Friday, May 4, 2012

Blood Pressures

It is amazing how many doctors one person can have.... Well today I got to go to my primary doctor. I like her. She is very sweet and calming. My blood pressure was up to about what it is when I go to the doctor. A little high. I have heard people say it is white coat syndrome. I don't know. I know it is real because when I got home and my husband took my blood pressure it was pretty good. I wonder why it goes up when I am going to the doctor? I like my doctor. She is always very nice. She makes me feel comfortable, she never gives me shots :). Who knows. I am very puzzled by this. I told my husband I am going to start wearing that blood pressure cup all the time until this goes away. It would match the IV on my other arm...
I know this blood pressure thing is real. I just don't know why it happens. What am I so nervous about? It is just my blood pressure. They just take it and give me that look and write it down. But eventually they seem to just accept that is how I am and we just move on. I think next time someone takes it and I get that look I am just going to shrug and say " oh well!". I am tired of worrying about my blood pressure being high. It makes my blood pressure high!!!
I don't think I will be solving this issue anytime soon. My doctor is monitoring it. My husband is monitoring it. The people at the chemo room will most definitely be monitoring it. So I think I will just try to relax with it. And the next time someone takes my blood pressure and gives me that look...I am just going to smile real big and say as sweetly as I can... Oh well....

Blessings