Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Gifts

Chemo number 4 is on schedule for tomorrow. I will be over the halfway hump. Yeah.
Today my bloodwork was good. One of my counts even got an excellent remark from my nurse. ;). so we are good to go for chemo 4.
My blood pressure was up a bit. I liked this nurse though. She didn't look overly alarmed. Maybe it seemed not to bad considering to her. But whatever it was I was thankful for the acceptance.
My blood pressure has been normal at home. So that is a good thing.
Tomorrow I will go in armed with my nausea and happy pills and we will see how it goes.
I am thankful that I am feeling pretty good. Just some discomfort from the radiation and a little on the tired side. Other than that I am doing well.
I was thinking about how God gives us little blessings in our storms and I wanted to share one we had. My daughter is 6. She is a spunky six year old...not an overly quiet or still child. Well the day of chemo 2 we were all getting ready for our day. We had just finished up breakfast and a little devotional that we do sometimes. It was starting to get pretty close to the time to leave so it was starting to get a little loud and busy. We heard a little soft voice say " I want to ask Jesus into my heart". My husband turned to her and said what did you say? You see we weren't talking about that. I don't even think our little devotional was on that. So it took us by surprise a little bit. Well like I said it was getting time to go. I had chemo today. The kids had school. That is what went through my mind for a split second. Thank you god that we had clarity in that moment and were able to just stop and talk to our precious daughter who was being called by God at that very moment. Who knows she may have been thinking about this for some time and just finally blurted it out. What if we would have missed that blurt. What if we would have just not taken the time. What a blessing we would have missed. We had the opportunity as a family to talk with her and help her come to an understanding of what it means to ask Jesus in to her heart. We were all there. My husband, my self, my son. What a gift we were all able to pray with her and be there when she gave her heart to her savior. It was awesome!
This Sunday was Mothers Day and my baby girl was baptized. We were able to go in front of our church as a family and show how God can bless even in the struggles of life. And we got to watch our little girl be baptized with two of her little friends with such fun and joy. What a gift.
I think about how easily I could have focused on my early morning chemo session that morning and missed that sweet little voice. I could have been so concerned about getting there on time I could have said lets just talk about this later. I could have been so focused on how I felt on Sunday and missed the joy my daughter felt at her baptism. These things are gifts from God. These are blessings in trials. It isn't always about getting good blood counts or even anything to do with us. Sometimes if you just look around. You will see blessings all around. If we focus to much on our trials we might miss a little small voice that is trying to give us a gift.

Blessings