Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Last Radiation

I had my last radiation treatment last night. It was somewhat emotional. I am so thankful for all the treatment I had to make my cancer go away. I am so thankful that aside from a few discomforts here and there everything has gone well. I am so thankful that we are in our last few weeks of this.
I know that we never know what is in store for our tomorrows. I am thankful that God has been guiding and preparing me for every step of this journey and I trust He will continue to do that every day for all my tomorrows here on earth. I am most thankful for the fact He has promised me an eternity with Him. So if I am here on earth or with Him in glory I know He is preparing my way. That is a promise I can hold on to. A constant comfort. I don't need to be anxious about my future here on earth or my eternity to come.
Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 10:13
For,"everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."
Romans 5:8
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this; while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
God offers us these free gifts. First He offers us a way to have a relationship with our creator now where we are and for eternity. Jesus came as a perfect sacrifice to give us a bridge to God. If we acknowledge Him as our only way to God. He will open that pathway to a beautiful life of peace here on earth and throughout eternity.
It doesn't mean life will always be perfect. Cancer is not fun. But it means that He will be our path even in the dark places. He will be our peace when we have no peace. And He will always be our rescuer. He has rescued me time and again. He has given me comfort when I felt beyond comfort. He has directed my path, even when my path was rocky, and given me blessings along the way.
He will do that for you too. Trust Him. He is trustworthy.

Blessings.