Thursday, May 17, 2012

Chemo Number Four

Well I am now down to two chemo treatments and four radiation treatments.  Very exciting.

Chemo went well.  It was a rainy day and I just sat by the window and read for a while and talked to a new woman who was settling in with her two daughters there to support her.  My husband came and spent the last hour with me.  It was a calm day.  My blood pressure was a little high when I got there, of course, but it came down and stayed normal with a normal heart rate the entire time.  I was able to get out without any drama.  It was wonderful.  A true blessing.
I spent the day today just laying low.  I feel a little tired and my son stayed home with a fever so we just hung out on the couches all day.  It is still cloudy out today so it was the perfect day just to be lazy.
I have been thinking about a lot of things lately.  I am excited to get better, to get healthier, to get more energetic.  I am excited to make my body stronger and my mind clearer.  I am excited to finish our front room we started to rearrange right before I started treatment.  To do some painting, some clutter clearing all those things I took for granted before, or even dreaded doing.  I can't wait to take a shower without my arm stuck out to the side so it won't get wet....
But I think I want to do it all different now.  I want to enjoy those things that I took as a chore before.  I want to enjoy them because I am doing them for my home, or for my family.  I want to enjoy folding the laundry because I am folding them for the people I love.  I want to enjoy planning and preparing meals because I am feeding the people I love.  I want to enjoy every minute I am serving because God has given me wonderful people to minister to in my home and at my church.  I want to see things differently.
So the count down has now begun.  And I am looking forward to being normal again.  But maybe a little better normal this time around.

Blessings.