Thursday, May 10, 2012

Chemo number 3

Well I suppose this could be referred to as the halfway point. 3 chemo done 3 chemo left.
Everything went good in the beginning the happy pill we decided would be a good try seem to be doing its job. Blood pressure was a little up when I first got in the chair but had come down to normal after my 2 hours of hydrating. I asked my nurse to take my blood pressure just to see what it was before I began getting my meds and it was normal. Then two hours later it was very high with a very high heart rate again. Of course I now had four nurses around me. Apparently I am quite the oddity :). They said things like well you are getting a little blotchy....I said well you are all standing around looking at me. I don't think this is going to make it come down. They agreed :). So they said just sit down and relax. I said I don't think that is going to help so can I just take a walk. They agreed. As long as I didn't leave the building. I think they had the fleeting thought I might just bolt. Tempting..... So I walked around a bit but I knew my heart was racing and that this really wasn't going to work so I went back in to face the music. We sat somewhere else... Maybe a change of scenery.... It was still very high and so was my pulse. I assured my nurse it was not going to go down any time soon and I could see she was getting the same feeling. She consented along with the....if you have a headache, ringing in your ear....I have heard all that before. I assured her my husband who is a firefighter would be all over this and monitoring me. And she let me go, she said she was now concerned it might be the meds as well. My father in law picked me up today and we decided to take a trip to the fire station and have hubby check it out. Yep everything was high. So I went home and took another happy pill to hopefully get the blood pressure down. It did work, a few hours later I was up there again. My blood pressure was normal although my heart rate was high still.
My nurse called me later on and said they had decided to adjust the steroid they are giving me before the chemo in hopes this will help. My doctors nurse also called to check on me and told me the same.
What an adventure. Life is never boring.
I am feeling pretty well. Just hydrating like crazy. It makes me feel good.
Now for some blessings of the day.... Save all the good stuff for last.
My mom and a good and beautiful friend came and cleaned my house today. She also did my laundry. And they planted some of my favorite plants in my planter out front. I love them. They were huge blessings to me today... But then they really are always blessings to me!
Another beautiful friend made me some freezer meals and a yummy cake! And then another beautiful and special couple to us brought me dinner. I was going to be the only one home so I said not to bother. But they bothered and I was blessed.
I was also able to have my mom bring a prayer shawl today for a woman who was going through chemo for the first time today. We got to talk and I was able to encourage her. That was cool
God is cool, even when things are going a little off from good there are always blessing. It is our choice what we chose to focus on.

Blessings