Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Anxiety


1 Peter 5:7
Casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.
Psalm 55:22 
Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall.

I did NOT do this today.  Today was a big FAIL.  I did not walk the talk.  I most definately was not casting any anxiety today.  Apparently I just decided to hang on to it all myself.  I now wonder why?  
My blood pressure was a real issue today.  I was anxious, not for any good reason.  I know I need to just have it taken care of and I knew I had a doctor apt for Friday put today it got the best of me.  I could not get settled.  I was anxious.  

Phillipians 4:6
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

I think that is where I may have gone wrong today.  I did not bring my situation by prayer or petition to God.  I just dealt with it...not even very well.  I don't know if my blood pressure would have come down today with prayer.  I believe it could have.  But even more than that I believe that I could have called on my Lord, I could have come to Him with my situation.  I know He would have given me the peace I needed, or at least a good trustworthy friend to talk to.  

Life isn't easy.  Struggles are difficult.  We will fail, or just not have it in us sometimes and that is ok.  God gives us grace, not only in salvation but everyday life too.
Grace defined: favor or goodwill.  Kindness, love.  A manifestation of favor, forgiveness, charity, mercifulness, pardon.
I needed these things today.  I just forgot that I had already been given them....

Blessings