Sunday, April 29, 2012

First week of treatment

Well a week has passed and here we go again...
I had a good week.  I am thankful that I was able to keep the nausea controlled with the medication and that I felt pretty good all week.  I was a little fuzzy feeling.  I was tired, a different sort of tired.  One where you just look at the bed and think...I could go to sleep.  But then you decide maybe I won't.  I didn't accomplish much more than your basics, laundry, dishes...the basic everyday things.  I made sure I was in bed every night early and my wonderful husband brought the kiddos in to school for me the mornings he could so I didn't have to get me and them ready in the AM.  I am thankful for my nurse who told me to just keep moving.  It was good advise.  I was even able to help with the set for my children's spring musical at their school this week.  That was a lot of fun.
I had a good week. I am thankful.  I know God is faithful and has given me a good week.  All good gifts are from God.  James 1:17 declares it.  I am thankful for all the prayers of those who care about me and my family.  God has been good to us.
As I head into another week I don't know what will be in store.  I am praying and trusting that whatever comes God will be by my side.  He will take away any fear I encounter and He will come up beside me in any challenge I come up against.  I know He will, because He always has.  God tells us to persevere in our trials, to continue on.  Not to quit, or lay down when you just want to give up.  He promises great rewards for those who persevere.  I think the reward is for here on earth and for our eternal reward.  He promise to mold us, to make us into a person He has designed us to be.  I know that will come with trials and testing and that is not a desired thing but I know the end result will be a better me.  A me who God can use for His glory.
It is a choice we make.  A choice to persevere.  Everyday.  In every situation, big or small.  It is all a choice.  Do we give in and lay down and say it is just to much?  Or do we say, maybe not today.  Today I will simply persevere.  God will meet you there when you chose to persevere.  He always has me.
Oh!  and one more chemo advice I was given by my nurse...drink, drink, drink....so I am already hydrating and praying for another good week.

Blessings