Friday, April 6, 2012

Good News

I woke up this morning filled with a joyful spirit. I knew God was telling me my results would come today and I knew He was telling me they would be good news. The hope I had was filled with joy but it was such a small hope I couldn't even share it with anyone. I felt like it was so small that I didn't even have the courage to utter it aloud. I knew I just needed to hang on to it and pray that it would grow. My Mom emails me encouragement a lot of the times early in the morning. This morning she sent me just a simple verse..

Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See I am doing a new
thing! Now it springs up, do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the
desert and streams in the wasteland. Isaiah 43:18-19
Hugs, Mom

Wow! God was even going to confirm what He had given me as I awoke this morning but my faith was still so small all I could do was hold onto it. I couldn't share it.
The phone rang and I saw it was the doctor office and then they hung up for some reason...so frusterating. I decided to call them, that was just to much. Obviously they had the results and I was done waiting, I wanted to know.
I called back but the nurse was busy so I left her a message. Thankfully she returned my call very quickly and told me my cancer was contained, it had not spread. I was so amazed, excited, humbled....so many emotions. After we talked about the next doctors appointments on my schedule we hung up.
My husband had gone on a run and my children were swimming in the pool so I just stood here and praised God. I felt so honored that He had allowed me to come this far and that He had been so gracious to me and my family by containing my cancer. I felt so humbled that I had ever doubted Him and all the prayers that were being prayed for me and my family. I felt undeserving, humbled, amazed, thankful....the story of the 10 lepers that were healed by Jesus and only one came back and thanked him. I want to be that 1 but honestly how do you thank a God who is so great, so awesome. There is no way. I thought about making Him some promises about the person I was going to be from here on out...but Him and I both know there will be many times again that I fail Him. So I just kept saying 'thank you'. He knows I am thankful, I know He loves me and none of this was a surprise to Him.
So I am going to continue to walk in Christ. There are still going to be tough times in my journey I know. But God graciously has confirmed once again His awesome love for me and I know together we will be fine.
Know God has the same love for each one of you. It is Good Friday. Today is the day we remember that Jesus sacrificed His body on a cross to save us from eternal separation from God. He did that for me and for you.
John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
We have heard this verse over and over...but do we believe it? He really did not have to hang on a cross for us, we don't deserve it, not one of us do.
Romans 3:23 For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
But the next verse is...
Romans 3:24 and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. God presented him as a sacrifice of atonement, through faith in his blood. He did this to demonstrated his justice, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished.
This was the only way that we can have a relationship with God, Jesus knowing that, willing suffered and hung on the cross so that we could be free of our sinful burdens and be able to share in eternity with our loving God. That is love. And I am grateful for it.
This Easter lets all remember how Holy and amazing our God is...and how much He loves us, He demonstrated it by the cross. That should be all the proof we need. Find a church to go to on Sunday and worship God. He is deserving and worthy. If you don't know Him, ask me how you can, or that person who has been sharing God's love with you for some time now, find a bible believing church and get involved. You will never regret it. God will never let you down. He will fill you with peace in your struggles and give purpose to your every day.

Blessing