Sunday, April 15, 2012

Delivered

Psalm 34:22
The Lord redeems his servants no one will be condemned who takes refuge in him.

Psalm 34:19
A righteous man may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all.

Psalm 34:17
The righteous cry out and the Lord hears them; He delivers them from their troubles.

Psalm 34:17 was in a card sent to me encouraging me recently. I really like the verse...I mean it says the righteous cry out and the Lord delivers them from their troubles! Wow! That is good news. I love these promises in Gods Word. Well I decided to check out Psalm 34. Well I found some more great things about God's deliverance and help in time of trouble.
I started thinking about all the great bible stories I love to share with my kids. Daniel and all his great times of being so bold for the Lord. Daniel was firm in his faith when He and his friends refused to bow down to a false idol or in that lions den. Joseph and the pit his brothers threw him in or his time spent in prison. How Joseph gave Glory to God for his trials. Abraham and his faithfulness to the Lord with his only son. And so many more....
God was faithful to deliver them, even again and again. They each sought the Lord and He delivered them.
We are righteous. If we accept the gift of salvation God made a way for us, not by our own works but by Christ who died on the cross so we might have a right relationship with a Holy God. We can cry out to the Lord and He will deliver us from our troubles. We may have many troubles...but He will deliver us from them all. He will come to our sides, walk with us and give us peace as we walk through our trials. He won't leave us, He will deliver us.
I start on a trial this week. It isn't something I want to do, but God has already been so faithful in this journey. He has allowed me to have peace. He has done great things in others lives around me. I have cried out to Him for His deliverance and I know He will deliver me through this time too as He has so many other times in my life. I know He will allow me and my family many blessings along the way. My prayer is I don't miss them.
I am excited for all the things God has planned in advance for me through this journey. I am thankful for all the wonderful people He has brought along side me already to encourage and support me and my family. He is a God who is in continual work, good works, to grow us and bless us with His presence and knowledge.
And He will deliver us. It might now always be immediate, it may not always be the way we would do it....but since He is the creator of the universe.....oh and He made me.....I am going to trust His way, by His Grace, and believe He will deliver me too.

Blessings