Wednesday, April 4, 2012

PET scan

The scan has been done. Everyone was very nice again. I have to say the people who work in this area of health care are the nicest people. They are just enjoyable to be around. It makes it so much more pleasant and I think that shows what kind of people they are. So I am thankful and asking God to really just bless those who work in the medical field who truly do their job with joy. It makes a difficult journey a little nicer.
My appointment got moved up a little earlier in the day so I dropped the kids off at school and went to the scan. My son wasn't to excited about going to the early morning room at school but he did it. We prayed and asked God to bless him this morning and I was so excited to see his buddies there right when we opened the door. God is so good.
When I got to the doctor I was ushered back to a little room with a recliner, set an IV in me, which went well, and a few other things to let's just say keep my bladder clear :). I was given a nice warm blanket and told to relax for an hour. They had a tv I could watch but I decided to read. After the hour went by (rather quickly I don't get to sit quietly with a warm blanket and read very often). He came for me and we went for the scan. The scan was fine. I was feeling peaceful and they even gave me music to listen too. It went by quickly and I was very peaceful. I had a little itch but I asked God to get that for me :) since I knew he was in there with me.
I am thankful I didnt get too worked up over getting this scan. I can see how your mind could make you freak out over it. But I was able to just relax and know it was really just for a moment.
Now we wait for the results. God is in control of those as well. Be anxious for nothing it says over and over in the bible. I believe we really can not do that in our own power, but if we allow our BIG God to walk us through our journey either big or small He can keep our anxious hearts calm. God is good all the time. In our peace in our anxiety. None of it changes our big God. So I am going to trust Him today with my big problems and my small. He is trustworthy. He will never let you down.

Blessings