Saturday, March 31, 2012

A trustworthy God

It has been a couple days since I have written. I had a good day and a bad day in that time. It amazes me how my emotions can be so up and down. I don't believe they are very reliable. I don't believe I can trust them much. Who wants to put their trust in something that is joyful and peaceful one moment and fearful and sorrowful the next. I don't enjoy roller coaster emotions. They leave me tired and confused.

God showed me this..

If you don't feel hopeful, don't act hopeful. BUT, know you have hope. If you don't feel joyful, don't act joyful. BUT, know you have joy.

Hebrews 3:6
But Christ is faithful as a son over God's house. And we are His house,if we hold to our courage and the hope of whom we boast.

Hebrews 3:14
We have come to share in Christ if we hold firmly till the end the confidence we had at first.

Hebrews 4:16
Let us approach the throne of grace with CONFIDENCE, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

We can approach God because of Jesus death on the cross with confidence in that God loves us and offers us mercy because of out faith in Jesus Christ.

I think the bible is more trustworthy then my roller coaster emotions. I am thankful I have somewhere to go to lay my fears and anxieties. What a gift God gives us.

Blessings