Saturday, March 24, 2012

Normalness

For someone who didn't go to the doctor for way to long...I am now a huge fan of regular doctor appointments :). But I am so excited that I have already encouraged a friend to go to the doctor and she is glad she did because she has some medical issues. And she is encouraging people to go now too. Finding praises in my storm already.
We told the kids today that Mommy would be seeing the doctors frequently and that I would be having surgery. They were fairly unimpressed and promptly asked if they could resume the video game they were playing....so much for that fear!
I suppose this week will be interesting as more and more people hear about my cancer. My mom wrote a cool poem while she was going through Chemotherapy. It talks about how cancer patients are sometimes looked at differently when they are just regular people going through a struggle. I will hunt it down and put it on here.
Side note....we were out tonight at a school function and when we arrived home we found a dead bird that the dog had brought in while we were gone! Such a bad dog!
Life does continue on in its normalness.....and God always seems to have a sense of humor.

Blessings