Monday, March 26, 2012

Prepare

Well...the reality has hit me. No, not the cancer...the realization I will very mostly likely be in bed for at least two weeks! Ok, that is crazy! So, now I feel I must prepare. But what exactly do you prepare for? My sweet and completely capable husband keeps reminding me he knows where to find me if he has a question....I guess I won't be going to far ;). Well I can think of a million things that I have meant to do for a while now....clean out the kids rooms, clean the cupboards, organize the closets, make some cookies....
I suppose we all have a never ending to do list. But I was thinking, where do we put God on our to do list? Is he on the top where He should be or is He somewhere in the middle...maybe towards the bottom? I think God has been in all those places at different times in my life. Life gets so busy...there is so much to do. I really want God to be at the top of my to do list. He deserves it. He allows me breath everyday...He has given me peace in my storm, given me friends and family to pray for me and my family when I just can't.
God is so good to us. He desires a relationship with us, it is really all He wants from us. If we would just take the time to read and study His word we would grow to know Him more and more everyday. Our trust in Him would grow and we would walk joyfully in His presence.
I want to grow in my knowledge of Christ. I want to do it in my good times not just my struggles. I want to have Him on the top of my to do list everyday.

Proverbs 1:7

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, by fools despise wisdom and instruction.

2 Peter 3:17-18

Therefore, dear friends, since you have been forewarned, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of the lawless and fall from your secure position. But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen.

Blessings