Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Philippians 4:7...and the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
So thankful for God's promises in the bible. We have experienced this peace. It is amazing! I think I might be addicted to it. Thank you once again to all of you who have prayed and prayed for me and my family.
The doctor was a very nice man. He seemed very knowlegable and we liked him a lot. He would like us to begin radiation and chemotherapy after we undergo a PET scan which should be within the next few days.
I know we have prayed God's will in this situation and I believe this is the best path for my recovery and for my family. I am thankful we are now on a path, have some direction.
My treatment will consist of chemo once a week for 5-6 weeks and radiation 5 times a week for 5 weeks. I believe there will be another round of radiation after that....it is hard to remember all the details....
I am assuming it will take us a few times around to see how this all works, but then we will all fall into a routine. I am thankful to my mom that has gone before me in this one so that all the talk of chemo and radiation wasn't as scarey and foreign to me. And she went through it with Gods grace displayed so well for my entire family I have a beautiful example to follow.
Please continue to pray for God to go before us as He has all along. The journey is so much less scarey and treacherous when you know your God has gone ahead of you to prepare the path, and that He walks beside you on the journey. What an awesome God!

Blessings