Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Praise Him

Psalm 43:5
Why are you downcast, O my soul?  Why so disturbed within me?  Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.

Wow!  I have been out of the hospital for two weeks tomorrow.  Life has gotten back to normal.  I feel like a normal wife and mom again...well sorta.
I was surprised when i got out of the hospital that I felt so tired, I mean I had just layed in bed for 4 days!  Seriously!  How was it possible to be tired?????  Well I was.  My mind was nice and fresh, but my body just wasn't going to work the way I wanted it to.  It was sorta like carrying heavy weights on my body.  Very strange.  But I suppose my expectations are far to high.  I guess I believe I am super woman even though I would never claim to be that.  I am not.
Now my body seems to be getting back to working order.  I can get through the day without naps now:) and I don't feel like I am carrying heavy weights on my body.  I am trying to get my energy back by just doing the things I normally do, and going for walks....
I still seem to have an ache here, a funny feeling there....Is this normal, is that normal?  Lots of questions and concerns sometimes....
Then tonight at church we were singing a praise song that talked about praising God.  Just because He is God.  And because He has done so many good things for us.  Dying on the cross so we could have a right relationship with God was enough, but He does so much more for us....He gives us peace in our trials.  He leads us down the paths in our lives that are right and good.  He comes to our rescue when we need him so desperately, or just when we need him.  Yet here I am, fresh from a deliverance and so many amazing moments where God just showed up and made things go smoothly, gave us blessings after blessings....and I am focused on a few funny feelings, a strange sensation, wondering if this ache is normal, basically focusing on ME!  Not on all the wonderful things God has JUST done in my life.
I know I am not super woman (not even close) so I suppose these things do not surprise me about myself.  But I remembered this verse.....I will yet praise Him....It is a choice.  I will praise Him, even when I have fear, or anxiety, when my body isn't working the way I want it to.  I will praise Him for all the good things in my day and not focus on the things that may not have worked out as I would have liked.  I will remind myself to praise Him.  He is worthy, I know He will honor my praise.

Isaiah 6:3
And they were calling to one another; "Holy, holy, holy is the LORD Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory.

Blessings