Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Life goes on

Life goes on....
even after a dramatic event in our lives....life goes on.  We are getting back to normal as a family.  This summer has been a good healing time for us.  The days seem to go by at a nice slow pace, not that we aren't busy, it just doesn't seem like the summer is going to fast.  I am thankful for that.  My body is healing although I am still surprised by how long all this healing takes place.  I suppose my body was just put under a great deal of stress.  My children have completely forgotten the days of me laying on the couch or the frequent trips to the doctor.  Children have a wonderful way of living in the moment.
I am thankful that I was able to have such wonderful treatment.  I am thankful it is all over.
I have a changed heart for those who have cancer.  It breaks my heart when I hear of someone new with cancer...someone who has to begin treatment.  It is such a scarey time.  All the uncertainty of the unknown.  I hope that through my treatment and through this blog I have been able to encourage someone.  I hope that I can encourage people that they can go through cancer and treatment and come out on the other side healed.  I want my story to be 'cancer can be a curable and doable' disease.  By no means do I say it is easy.  Treatment can be difficult.  But having a positive attitude, looking for the blessings in the everyday and praying and trusting in a great God (that last one is really the most important one) you to can go through treatment and come out healed on the other side.  I really believe that.
I am thankful for all of the prayers that went up to our Lord on our behalf.  I know that those prayers kept us sane many days.  I am thankful for all the help that was given to us by those who love us and love the Lord.
I still have doctors appointments and pet scans coming to ensure my healing...I will for a long time.  But I am ready to put this part of my life into the file of 'past experiences'.  I know I am changed forever in many ways and that cancer has had a lasting and forever effect on my life.  I have a life that will be forever linked to anyone else who has had or will have to go through cancer treatment.  Know I will be praying for all of you.
Although I will update this blog with any new results I have decided to begin a new blog.  I have loved sharing what the Lord has allowed me to share through this blog and I believe He has a lot more to say through me.
So be on the lookout for a new blog.  I have decided to name it 'Moments of blessings' because I feel when God reveals himself to us it is always a blessing.
So be encouraged today...God is good and He is mighty.  He can handle any difficulty in your life if you just allow Him to work in your life.  Give Him your heart aches, your diseases, your troubles and let the creator of the universe (and the creator of you!) work in your life.  You will be blessed.

Blessings